If you’re serious about marketing your jewelry, you know how important it is to keep in touch with your customers and to remind them you’re still designing beautiful handmade jewelry just for them. Two of the best ways to do this is through an email newsletter and a blog. I’d like to talk about the importance of the blog and how you can use it to sell more handmade jewelry.
A blog is simply a recurring online diary of your thoughts and ideas relating to a particular topic. Blog entries are usually published at regular time intervals to establish a following which can vary from posting several times a day to once a week or so. The more often you publish your blog, the more likely you are to establish a strong readership.
A blog is a great way to personalize your jewelry design business and to establish a bond with your customer, both of which will increase the likelihood of a customer purchasing from you in the future. Customers want to buy their handmade jewelry from someone they know and trust.
So, what should you include in your jewelry business blog? Here are some ideas:
1. Tell customers the story behind your jewelry designs. What motivated you to get started and why you create the type of jewelry you do. Bring your jewelry designs to life for your customer! They’ll develop a newfound appreciation for what you do/
2. Tell customers about the steps you undertake to make your jewelry. Include a sequence of photos illustrating the process. This will allow your customers to see how your jewelry is different from mass produced jewelry found in most department stores.
3. Show photos of your very latest, cutting edge jewelry designs. Let your customers know how they can order these hot, new designs.
4. Keep your customers abreast of any upcoming craft and jewelry shows where you’ll be exhibiting your jewelry.
5. Let customers know about upcoming special sales, discounts, and promotions relating to your jewelry designs.
6. Give your customers unique ideas on how to wear your jewelry. Including some photos would be very helpful here.
7. Keep your customers informed of upcoming seasonal jewelry trends
8. Tell your customers how to select jewelry to flatter their particular face and build.
9. Tell your customer how to clean their jewelry and remove tarnish from silver.
10 Sponsor a contest on your blog for the most unique way to wear a particular necklace. Give the winner a gift certificate good towards a purchase of your jewelry.
11. Tell your customers how to choose a piece of handmade jewelry to give as a gift.
12. Describe the different materials and stones used in your jewelry design along with their meaning.
There’s so much more you can include in your blog. The important thing is you’re maintaining contact with your customer and giving them useful information. It’s also a huge bonus that you can include photos of your jewelry designs. Nothing sparks sales better than a good visual.
Getting started blogging couldn’t be easier. Probably the easiest system to use is blogger.com. You can sign up and get started in under 10 minutes. If you need more information on how to sell more of your product through blogging, click here.This is some of the best information you’ll find on the topic. Thanks for reading. 🙂